LWF is an animation engine which can play animation data converted from FLASH contents in HTML5, Unity, Cocos2d-x, iOS UIKit, and more. LWF is designed to make game development easy and fun.
Creating rich 2D character animations and user interfaces requires lots of investment in terms of resource and time. However, LWF converts classic FLASH format into
.lwf format which could be played in modern environments from web browsers to native webviews to speed up development processes.
In short, LWF is a technology plays FLASH assets during game-runtime on the top of HTML5, Unity, Cocos2d-x, iOS UIKit, and wherever FLASH player is not supported.
Features and benefits
- Flexible rendering system. Out of the box, LWF supports HTML5(includes WebKit CSS, Canvas, WebGL and Cocos2d-html5), Unity, Cocos2d-x, and iOS UIKit.
- Game oriented and production proven APIs.
- Tuned and production ready rendering performance.
LWF in production
List of games using LWF.
DemosLWF Demo by GREE
PresentationDescription and Implementation of LWF
- Unity Forum - LWF Thread
- Cocos2d-x HTML5 Forum - LWF Thread
- Cocos2d-x Extensions Forum - LWF for C++ with Cocos2d-x renderer
- Reddit - LWF (Lightweight SWF) 1.0.2 Released! - a multi platform open source framework for importing Adobe Flash animations
GREE's Open Source policy
GREE has very positive attitude about open sourcing in-house technologies to contribute open source community. We want many people to use these open sourced technologies and make technology world better.